Saturday, September 13, 2008
Ramadan Aspirations, Looking Back. /6:09 AM


RAMADAN ASPIRATIONS, LOOKING BACK

I have started thinking my Ramadhan Aspirations. Overall, what I really want is to keep moving forward in improving my understanding about Islam. I want to successfully implement Islamic practices into my lifestyle and keep them. I want to move to another spiritual level and not find myself trying get back there again come next Ramadan. Although that’s the only time when im actively indulging myself in reading the Quran. Alhamdulillah, I have successfully maintained some of the goals I set for myself last Ramadan. I’m doing all of the Fardhu and Sunnah prayers (alhamdulillah), I pray Tarawih/Witr almost every night and I read few pages of Quran everyday, not accounting the Tadarus. Goals I haven’t successfully achieved? Reducing my “dunya intake” (less TV, less magazines, less STUFF) and spending some quiet time doing dhikr.

Needless to say, I will be working on the aforementioned goals from last Ramadan and one new one. So, here are my goals:
(1) Dedicate at least a half an hour per day to the remembrance of Allah (dhikr).

(2) Not to miss Tarawih prayers. Insyallah.

(3) Read atleast two pages of The Quran.

(4) Reduce my “dunya intake” by replacing it with Islamic activities or self-development activities. (Connects to number 1)

More than anything I want to use the month of Ramadan as time to strengthen my iman. May Allah help us all to achieve our goals. Amin!

0 comments


About me
Hisyam Salleh. 22 years old.

previous posts
Works keep piling up!
Jogging
Prologue


past
September 2008
October 2008


talk

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

credits
by: Elies
image: sxc.hu
bascode: accidentality