Thursday, October 23, 2008
Morality Of Malay Muslim comunity /3:26 PM

I stumbled across a Talk show that was aired in the television few months back and it shows the latest styles and Hottest trends right now. Eventually the subject leads to the host’s mentioning trends like belly and Pole dancing training( which is basically stripper training in a(‘Fun’ ‘Clean’ environment) homosexual and experimental sex ( as in I kissed a guy/girl and I liked it) Everyone on that show including the host made it perfectly okay for young men and women engage in these activities.It’s new and hottest trend going around . I had to ask myself “ Is the world moving in an increasingly “anything goes” kind of direction? ( I am thinking the Latter)

It seems to me that the world is in moral peril. People nowadays are acting solely and completely off of their “nafsu” (their base desires.) It doesn’t seem to matter if their behavior will negatively impact others in the long run. In fact, it seems as if people don’t even care about themselves. Human life no longer has any value. People kill one another over a step on a sneaker or even a glance.

Women are disrespected left and right; trafficked, molested, prostituted and discarded like trash. People cuss out their parents and physically assault them. Babies and pregnant women are killed without a thought. I saw this article in the newspaper says that A Malaysian Woman had wrapped her newly born baby in a prayer mat and place it in a mosque.

Since I am a Malay , I have to say that I am all the more concerned about moral decline and how it is affecting both of my communities I have to say that one of the areas I’m most concerned about when it comes to morality is marriage and relationships. We’re in trouble people and I hope I am not the only one who sees it! I am appalled by some the activities I see taking place in the Malay community that have been completely normalized. Those activities include:

1. Having multiple sexual partners (in many cases not using protection.)
2. Rampant infidelity (again, not using protection.)
3. Men fathering children and walking away without a care in the world.
4. Women having baby after baby with different men (none of whom are responsible or interested in marriage or creating a family unit.)
5. The increasing amount of young women and girls engaging in prostitution (this includes the ‘you-got-to-pay-to-play’ mentality.)
6. The normalization of stripping/exotic dancing (which in many cases leads to prostitution.)
7. The complete lack of shyness when it comes to dress or behavior. (Yesterday I actually saw a young girl- no older than 12 or 13- walking down a very busy street in nothing but a tight t-shirt and a short tight fitting short. Sadly, grown men were leaning out their cars and honking at her).

I could go on but I will stop here.

0 comments